Start Your Adventure
From your first questions about hunting to your first time in the field with a friend or mentor, the community at Hunting Camp LIVE will be there with you. We've built a support network of learning tools, people and partner organizations who will help you every step of the way. This is more than an online course. It's a community. And we're ready for you to join us around the campfire and begin your journey to becoming a new hunter!
Learn At Your Own Pace
We've combined the best of online learning with an active digital community that will support you along the way. From video lessons you can watch anytime, to live webinars and chats in our private social groups. We bring together the best technologies, and traditions to create a learning experience unlike any other.
Each course begins with an overview so you know what to expect. We also introduce you to the focus of the course which is the Eastern Wild Turkey.
In lesson two we start out with the basics of turkey hunting so you've got a starting frame of reference. We then jump right into one of the most enjoyable parts of the hunt and that's calling.
The Eastern Wild Turkey is the most widely distributed turkey and is our main focus in this course. We'll cover key characteristics and how to identify a legal bird.
What are the things you need to have prepared before your hunt? This and more is what we'll cover, including scouting, locations, gear and more.
What are the considerations when you actually go on your first hunt? Follow along as we take you on a first hunt and you get to learn from what the new hunters did right, and what they would have done differently.
You worked hard to harvest your bird. Now comes the rewarding part of the process. Jamie Carlson will show you how to cook wild turkey and impress your friends and family.
- Message from Mark - 1:23
- Woodsmanship vs. Calling - 5:33
- Introduction to Calling Turkeys - 4:31
- Turkey Calling - Yelping - 9:41
- Turkey Calling - Cutting - 2:40
- Turkey Calling - Purring - 2:15
- Turkey Calling - Feeling & Inflection - 2:13
- Turkey Calling - Hens vs. Gobblers - 4:30
- Turkey Calling - Mistakes & "Overcalling" - 4:04
- Turkey Calling - Final Thoughts - 5:52
- Hunting Gear - The Basics - 20:01
- Message from Mark - 2:38
- Tenets of good scouting - 1:32
- Scouting from home - Intro. - 12:46
- Scouting from home - Farmland - 16:42
- Scouting from home - River Valley - 15:33
- Scouting from home - Dense Forest - 9:24
- Scouting - In the field - 9:02
- Picking your hunting location - 9:11
- How to pattern your shotgun - 3:53
Other courses you might be interested in:
Upland Bird Hunting
Get ready for another new hunting adventure with our Learn To Hunt Upland Birds course!