Registration and Participation on the website HuntingCamp.LIVE by Modern Carnivore, includes the opportunity to participate in many types of Programs and events. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Viewing and/or downloading of videos and other Program material
- Reading blog posts
- Listening to podcast recordings
- Attending virtual events such as webinars
- Joining social media groups and engaging in discussions with other students and Outdoor Mentors
- Engaging in discussions in community forums on the topic of hunting and other outdoor activities
In exchange for being permitted to participate in the activities listed above (referred to in this document as “Program” or “this event”), I acknowledge, understand, and agree that:
- Use License: I acknowledge that permission is granted for me to temporarily download one copy of any downloadable materials on the Program website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license I may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Program web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if I violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Modern Carnivore at any time. Upon terminating my viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, I will immediately destroy any downloaded materials in my possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Disclaimer: I recognize that the materials in this Program and on this website are provided 'as is'. Modern Carnivore makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Modern Carnivore does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- I am choosing to participate in this Program and acknowledge that it could results in the use of firearms and other equipment needed for the related outdoor activities. The use of firearms, whether by me or by others, is an inherently dangerous activity. Some of the risks associated with firearms are: loading firearms and being near others who are loading firearms; injuries caused by ammunition, debris, and shots fired by me or by others; malfunctioning or improperly functioning equipment; ricochets hitting off of objects or targets; damage to hearing from noises related to firing firearms. There may be other risks as well. Some of these risks may be unknown, hidden, or unforeseen. I am aware that all of these risks exist. I accept and assume all of these risks by participating in this Program.
- During, or after, my participation in this Program I may hear opinions or perspectives on hunting and other outdoor activities from other participants, volunteer outdoor mentors or organizers. These are to be treated as opinions and perspectives on various topics and should not be considered advice or recommendations. I agree to personally research all topics on my own and will take full responsibility for any actions I or others might engage in related to the Program, either during or after the Program.
- During, or after my participation in the Program I may be asked by other students, participants or volunteer outdoor mentors to participate in activities such as hunting, shooting or dog handling outside of this Program. I understand that these are not sanctioned events by Modern Carnivore and that I am participating in these activities at my own risk. I understand that even though students and volunteer outdoor mentors who are also involved in this Program may invite me to these activities, or indirectly be part of these activities I am engaging in them at my own risk, and these activities are not part of this Program.
- My participation in the Program also may involve dangers and hazards not directly related to the use of firearms. Some of these additional dangers and hazards are: navigating natural areas such as fields and forests where hunting is permitted, natural or manmade objects on an event property or premises; animals on the event property or premises, including dogs; buildings or other structures on the premises or property; vehicles, whether used by me or by others, on the property or premises; and weather conditions. There may be other risks as well. Some of these risks may be unknown, hidden, or unforeseen. I am aware that all of these risks exist. I accept and assume all of these risks by participating in this Program.
- I will conduct myself with utmost care for the safety and well-being of myself and others. I will agree to handle firearms only after I have successfully completed my state's official firearms safety certification course. I will use good judgment at all times during this Program. I will follow all applicable laws, rules, regulations, customs, and instructions associated with my participation in this Program.
- By accepting these terms in this document, I am giving up substantial legal rights. I am agreeing that I will not hold GreenHead Strategies (DBA: Modern Carnivore) and other organizers of this Program or those affiliated with the organizers of this Program liable or responsible for any loss, damage, injury, or death that I may suffer in connection with my participation in this event, unless it is the result of either intentional conduct or a reckless disregard for the safety of others. This means that if I suffer any loss, damage, injury, or death in connection with my participation in this Program, I will not have the right to make a claim of negligence for that loss, damage, injury, or death against Modern Carnivore; any officers, directors, owners, employees, agents, partners, or volunteers affiliated with those organizations; landowners on whose property this Program or related events takes place; or other individuals or entities affiliated with this Program, either online via digital media, or in person. It also means that nobody will make that kind of claim on my behalf.
- I acknowledge that in no event shall Modern Carnivore be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials in the Program, even if the Program or an authorized representative of the Program has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to me.
- Revisions and Errata - I acknowledge that the materials appearing on the Program's website or in other media may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. I also acknowledge that Modern Carnivore does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. I acknowledge that Modern Carnivore may make changes to the materials contained in the Program at any time without notice. I acknowledge that Modern Carnivore does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
- Links - I acknowledge that Modern Carnivore has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Program website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Modern Carnivore of the site. I acknowledge the use of any such linked website is at my own risk.
- Governing Law - I acknowledge that any claim relating to the Program materials, including this website shall be governed by the laws of Modern Carnivore's home jurisdiction without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, I am also agreeing that if the organizers and developers of this Program or anyone affiliated with the organizers of this Program suffer any loss, damage, injury, or death as a result of my participation in this Program, I will assume full responsibility for the costs, expenses, and other liabilities associated with that loss, damage, injury, or death.
- I grant to Modern Carnivore, and their representatives and employees the right to capture media of me and my property in connection with the Program. This may include photographs, videos or audio. I authorize Modern Carnivore to use and publish this media in print and/or electronically. I agree that Modern Carnivore may use such media of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including but not limited to publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND BY PARTICIPATING IN ACTIVITIES, PROGRAMS AND EVENTS ON THIS WEBSITE AND OTHER DIGITAL OR PHYSICAL PROPERTIES RELATED TO THE PROGRAM, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS ENTIRE AGREEMENT. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS. I UNDERSTAND THAT BY REGISTERING ON THIS WEBSITE I AM ACCEPTING THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Last Updated: August 31, 2020